So I had class just now and guess who paid me a visit!
Mr Statistics himself... He made me miss having to learn numbers and figures. I miss the excitement caused by understanding a concept and then being able to apply the concept to a problem. Finally, coming up with the correct answer.
An immense sense of accomplishment surged through me when I understood what my lecturer was teaching immediately. Mean, Mode and Median are such familiar but distant friends. Nobody would ever think my dear friend, Mr Statistics, would appear in my life again, and appearing in my mass comm course at that!
I was suddenly brought back to this particular day when we were having a Statistics test in the library and I think because I had missed the test previously, only a classmate and I were doing the test. I was stuck and my friends were like trying to hint to the other classmate how to get the ball rolling, my tutor obviously went like "Sshh... Get out (of the room).." But guess what, after they left, he kinda tried to help us cos we were both really stuck! I remember he kept saying "Think out of the box..." I finally understood and managed to complete the quiz... Haha! Can't remember what my results were but somehow, that quiz and that scene in the dimly lit 'reading room' in the library stuck in me...
So even though having to calculate probability and significance levels, or having to accept or reject the null hypothesis will probably not appear anywhere in my Communications Research exam paper, I'm glad they revisited my life for that one night.
11:31 PM